Paleo is not about becoming a ‘caveman’!
Optimum Health the Paleo Way extends the concept of the ‘caveman diet’ by sharing the bigger picture relating to our health.
- What has happened to to our health?
- How have our food systems changed?
- How do things like stress play a crucial role in our health?
Food is fundamental to our life and every person’s nutritional needs are individual. What you eat not only affects your weight, but also your health, happiness and outlook on life. There are many other factors just as important to good health.
Claire Yates, an experienced, qualified and successful nutritionist, answers the question – what is Paleo? Her book Optimum Health the Paleo Way offers a healthier happier lifestyle by thoroughly analysing the benefits of eating the Paleo way.
Start eating the Paleo way
Adopting a Paleo diet plan or template is essentially about eating fewer processed whole foods that do not cause you any ill effects (for example, possibly excluding foods such as some grains, dairy and legumes, as these can upset many). This change in eating habits can be overwhelming in the beginning.
Optimum Health the Paleo Way includes a great 28-day Reset protocol by explaining The Paleo Template in Part 1 of the book to help you start eating the Paleo way. This elimination (or detox) diet introduces nourishing delicious food, helping your body to heal, by removing junk foods.
The Paleo recipes from Optimum Health the Paleo Way pictured are (from the left) Carrot and Sweet Potato Bites, Asian Fish en Papillote and Cashew Encrusted Lamb Chops.
Guidance and tips on how to stick to The Paleo Template include
- Help with food choices (Paleo food lists)
- Help with stocking your pantry (What foods are in a Paleo kitchen?)
- Help with decisions on what to eat for the first few weeks (a Paleo diet plan)
- Over 100 yummy Paleo recipes which are easy to make, great tasting and packed full of nutrients! (two free Paleo diet recipes from Optimum Health the Paleo Way are under the recipes menu in this website)
Take the information in Optimum Health the Paleo Way and test things out for yourself. You may be feeling unwell, lethargic or just out-of-sorts. To start to feel good again, you need to begin treating your body as a whole by evaluating your lifestyle and eating habits and learning to recognise what is right for your body and what is not.
The recipes from Optimum Health the Paleo Way pictured are (from the left) Sweet Potato Salad, Jaffa Cups and White Fish Stew.
Several question and answer sections feature in this book.
These questions are answered by Warren Maginn, the National Technical Educator for Research Nutrition, who supports and educates naturopathic and medical practitioners.
He lectures in Nutritional Medicine at the Endeavour College of Natural Medicine.
Optimum Health the Paleo Way will help you
- Boost energy levels
- Eliminate sugar cravings
- Reduce processed foods
- Find your ideal weight
- Develop an eating plan that works for you
- Sleep well and feel great!
- Discover how to use ‘food as medicine’